The Husband’s Creed
Men: When we consider what it truly means to show up with honor, integrity and Godliness in our marriage, everything changes.
This poster is a reminder of your calling, your mission, your Creed.
Sure, you can right-click and save this version on your phone for free, OR, you can purchase the high DPI version and print it anywhere you like, so you can hang it on the wall in your bedroom, office, gym, etc, as a daily reminder of the Creed you follow.
Why these specific words?
AS YOUR HUSBAND, A MAN AFTER THE HEART OF GOD, I CHOOSE YOU AND I CHOOSE OUR MARRIAGE.
- We believe that in the midst of the pursuit of the heart of God, a husband learns to love his wife in the ways she truly deserves as a daughter of the King.
- We believe that for marriage to be successful, a husband must continually choose his wife and his marriage; to prioritize it, protect it and invest in it.
I RECOMMIT TO YOU EACH DAY AS I REBEGIN MY PURSUIT OF YOUR HEART AND YOUR SOUL.
- Commitment = recommitment. When a husband recommits daily to pursue both the heart and soul of his bride, he never ceases.
I WILL SUPPORT YOUR HEALING, YOUR WHOLENESS, YOUR CREATIVITY AND YOUR FAITH.
- A husband who understands the love of the Father knows that when he supports his wife’s healing, wholeness and creativity, he is embracing her story, uniqueness and essence without condition.
I COMMIT TO MY OWN WHOLENESS SO I CAN GIVE YOU PRESENCE, CONNECTION AND INTIMACY.
- A husband who fiercely loves his wife knows that his own wholeness is key to possessing the strength and capacity to give her presence, connection and true intimacy.
I COMMIT TO SHOW UP WITH INTEGRITY, HONOR AND STRENGTH AS I CO-CREATE WITH YOU.
- An incredible marriage cannot exist without integrity, honor and strength. A husband’s commitment to these traits is not only vital, but his calling from God.
- To co-create together is to carry out the very calling God gave to us at creation. We were created in His image, and His image, among many attributes, is that of a creator. A powerful marriage is made up of two people who realize they co-create life together.